Soybean Paste Soup (Doenjang Jjigae, 된장찌개)
Doenjang Jjige is referred as soybean paste stew. It is a Korean traditional stew made from the primary ingredient of Doenjang (fermented soybean paste) and additional optional ingredients of vegetables, seafood and meat topped with tofu.
Difficulty : MODERATE
Cooking Time: 40 Minutes
Serving Proportion : 4 People
1 medium potato, peeled
(cut into ½-inch cubes),
1 medium onion (cut into ½-inch pieces), 1 courgette (cut into ½-inch pieces)
4 minced garlic cloves,
2½ cups water,
1 medium-firm tofu (cut into ½-inch cubes),
2 spring onions (roughly ) chopped
Here's how you do it
1. Combine the potato, onion, courgette, garlic in a sauce pan. Add water and cover. Broth can be made by adding 1-2 dried kelp. You could simply adding our soup stock concentrate (this product has anchovy inside)
2. Cook over medium-high heat for 10-15minutes until it starts boiling.
3. Stir in the soybean paste, mixing well. Cover and cook for 20 minutes longer over medium heat.
4. Add the tofu and cook for another 3 minutes.
5. Sprinkle with the spring onions and serve as a side dish to rice. Serve it directly from the pot, or transfer to a serving bowl. Everybody can eat together out of the pot, or portions can be ladled out in individual bowls for each person.
Let's Share: -