Stir-Fried Spicy Pork (Jeyuk Bokum, 매운 돼지 불고기)
Jeyuk Bokum is Korean stir fried spicy pork bulgogi dish. It is a popular Korean main dish that many Korean cook at home and a popular menu in Korean restaurants. Thinly sliced pork belly is mainly used and marinated in Gochujang (Korean chilli paste) sauce. It is served with steamed rice.
Difficulty : MODERATE
Cooking Time: 50 Minutes
Serving Proportion : 4 People
800g of thinly sliced pork shoulder or pork belly
1 small onion thinly sliced
3 spring onion cut into 2-inch pieces
tbsp gochujang (Korean chili paste),
2 1/2 tbsp soy sauce,1 1/2 tbsp sugar,
1/2 tbsp minced ginger, 1 tbsp minced garlic, 1 tbsp gochugaru (Korean chili flakes), 4 sprinkles of ground black pepper
Vegetable & Other ingredients
1/2 large onion (thinly sliced), 1 small carrots (thinly sliced), Some cooking oil
Alternatively, use our ready-made Korean spicy bulgogi sauce
Here's how you do it
1. Put the meat and vegetables in a big bowl and add the sauce and mix them well.
2. Marinate the meat for at least 30 minutes.
3. Heat the pan on high heat and add some oil.
4. Add all the prepared ingredients together and stir them well.
5. Reduce the heat to medium half way through.
Once all ingredients are cooked serve them with some steamed rice.
Let's Share: -